Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Expectations of English 103 Lab

There are a lot of things I expect to master in English lab. First, I would like to have what was lectured in English class reinforced in lab. I know that when it comes to formatting a paper, I'm completely lost. I get comfused by the MLA and APA formats. Mainly because some professors want this format and some want the other. I expect to learn how to cite sources in the correct format and how to format the paper. I want to have the guidelines for MLA down pact.

Another thing that I expect to get out of lab class is how to read and understand (read for comprehension). I don't quite get the whole critical reading thing. I also would like to learn how to diagnose my strengths and weaknesses in my own writings. I would love to only proofread my writing only a few times and make corrections, not several like I'm used to. I know this lab is going to be full of suprising things. I can hardly wait to do my soundtrack of life!

No comments: